If you are in danger
please use a safer computer,
or call 999 or
1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732).

To leave this site quickly
click the ‘Quick Exit’ button
at the top of any page.

Home > Find a home > Move or swap a home > Apply to move or transfer

Apply to move or transfer

The Mason family

If you’re a Soha tenant and want to move to a more suitable home, you can do this as a transfer.

Maybe you’ve got a new job that’s not so local or maybe you’d like to move closer to family or friends. Whatever the reason, you can register and then look for a new home on your local council’s letting scheme – where all empty properties (including ours) are advertised. 

Most councils use schemes called choice based letting schemes. These mean that rather than your council deciding which properties to offer you, you can tell the council which properties you’re interested in, by bidding for them.

All the bids for each property are then ranked in order of priority and the home is offered to the bidder with the highest priority.

Bidding’ doesn’t actually involve any money – it’s just a way of saying that you’re interested in a particular property.

Am I eligible for a transfer?

You would need to have a clear rent account before you could be accepted onto your local lettings scheme.

Once you’re registered you can search for properties online and then make a bid for a property.

We work with Homechoice, the choice based letting scheme in South & Vale, as well as letting schemes run by other local councils.

If you want to move home you must first make an application to the lettings scheme in your area. Our customer services team can help with this – please contact us to find out more

If you’re moving because of exceptional circumstances (such as suffering severe harassment or domestic violence) or because you or a family member becomes disabled – we can help. Get in touch with our customer services team .

If you’re under-occupying a family-sized house (which is too big for you now), and want to move to a smaller property you may qualify for help under our transfer incentive scheme. This could mean help with your removal costs and a cash payment when you move in. Contact our customer services team for more information.

Contact Us


Soha Housing
Royal Scot House
99 Station Road
OX11 7NN


01235 515 900
0800 014 15 45

Quick Links