If you are in danger
please use a safer computer,
or call 999 or
1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732).

To leave this site quickly
click the ‘Quick Exit’ button
at the top of any page.

Home > Find a home > Move or swap a home > Transfer incentive scheme

Transfer incentive scheme

Is your home becoming too big for you?

If you’re getting older and your children have left home, you might want to think about downsizing to a smaller property. This can often help reduce heating bills and give you a more manageable home, perhaps nearer to your family.

Moving to a smaller home can also help you avoid the bedroom tax (or under-occupancy charge).

If you live in a family-sized home and want to move to smaller accommodation you’ll qualify for our transfer incentive scheme and can get help with your move. We provide:

  •  help with removal costs, or
  •  a cash payment when you move in, and
  •  help with organising your move.

If you have outstanding rent or service charges, any cash payment will be used to help you clear your arrears.

Download our leaflet or contact our customer services team to find out more. 

Contact Us


Soha Housing
Royal Scot House
99 Station Road
OX11 7NN


01235 515 900
0800 014 15 45

Quick Links