5.1 Depending on the products and services we deliver to you, the types of personally identifiable information used will vary. We will only collect personal information when we need it. When you provide your information, we will explain why we need it. We will also explain when information is optional and the impact of not providing this.
5.2 Most of the time the personal information we hold about you is information you have given to us or has been gathered by us in order to provide products and services to you under contract.
Employees Personal data for current and former employees is retained under their employment contract.
Job Applicants Personal data is obtained via the recruitment process with their consent and disposed of if they are unsuccessful.
Board Members Personal data for existing Board members is retained for the duration of their office with their consent under a Deed of Agreement for Service.
Shareholders Personal data for shareholders is held under their share certificate.
Leaseholders and Shared Owners Personal data for current and former leaseholders and shared owners is held under contract in their lease.
Potential Home Buyers Personal data is obtained via the application process with their consent and disposed of if they are unsuccessful unless they have given us consent to hold it for future schemes.
Tenants Personal data for current and former tenants is held under contract in their tenancy agreement. Information additional to this may be held for those who receive support or care, and this will be obtained at the point of setting up a plan.
Housing Applicants Personal data is obtained via the application process with their consent and disposed of if they are unsuccessful.
Contractors and Suppliers (including professionals) Personal data may be held under their contracts, agreements and letters of instruction.
5.3 For most products and services, we need to use some or all the following items of personally identifiable information about you, occupants of your home, or your representatives:
a) Personal information:
- Contact details – name, address, email, home and mobile telephone numbers;
- Age – date of birth, age range;
- Identification – information to allow us to check your identity (e.g. official documents);
- Financial information – information about your financial circumstances, or where you make payment by credit/debit card;
- Photograph – information to record your identity;
- On-line computer identifiers (IP address) – information recorded when you engage with us electronically;
- National insurance numbers – information to carry out functions such as universal credit and/or personal support services, and;
- Next of kin – contact details.
b) Special category information
- Health – to support our housing functions and vulnerable customers;
- Ethnicity – to support our equality monitoring purposes;
- Religion - to support our equality monitoring purposes;
- Sexual life or sexual orientation - to support our equality monitoring purposes, and
- Convictions – to prevent and detect anti-social behaviour, crime, fraud, anti-money laundering and to aid in the prosecution and rehabilitation of offenders.
5.4 We may collect a reduced set of information for the other occupants of your property unless they also have a direct relationship with us (e.g. obtain services from us directly).
5.5 If you choose not to supply the personal information required, then we may not be able to provide some of our support, products and services.
5.6 We may also obtain information from third parties such as the local authority, your doctor (or other health professional), a previous landlord or another relevant community partner. In addition, we may also obtain information from publicly accessible sources or engage the service of research organisations to validate, or where appropriate, enhance the information that we hold. For example:
- Directly from you - in person, by email, telephone, text message, letter or form;
- By observing how you use our support, products and services from the transactions and operation of your accounts and online services;
- From other organisations such as former housing and support providers, health and social care agencies, law enforcement agencies, debt collectors, energy or utility companies, benefit agencies and/or credit reference and fraud prevention agencies;
- From other people you know and/or are linked to you - for example; a joint tenant, a relative, a person nominated to act on your behalf, your legal representative, or people who live in the same community as you (e.g. those making reports of antisocial behaviour);
- From monitoring or recording calls as part of quality and complaint monitoring. We record these calls for training and to ensure the safety of our staff. We will not record any payment card details as part of our accounts and payments operations;
- From the CCTV systems for the prevention and detection of crime or to detect damage/ vandalism to our properties and to ensure the safety and security of our staff and individuals obtaining services from us.