The Disability Action and Awareness Group (DAAG) represent the interests of Soha Housing’s disabled residents. By putting forward the views of disabled people it contributes to the continuous improvement of Soha’s services.
DAAG’s role includes:
- acting as a specialist consultation body on disability matters for board, staff and co-regulation groups
- monitoring the delivery of Soha’s Single Equality Strategy
- advising on proposed new strategies, policies, procedures and service standards
- commenting on Soha’s development plans for accessible housing
- testing Soha’s services to make sure they are accessible to disabled tenants
- providing information and signposting to external agencies for Soha’s disabled residents, and
- promoting the work of DAAG to Soha’s residents and providing feedback on their activities.
Membership of DAAG is open to all Soha residents who have a disability or who have a disabled household member, and other Soha residents may attend meetings as observers at the Chair’s discretion. The full DAAG Group meets about four times a year in a venue which is accessible for disabled people.