Gainsborough Residents’ Association, Henley-on-Thames
The residents’ association became a fully constituted group in September 2013. Here are some of their achievements to date:
- Planted flower beds and cherry trees, clearing drains and tidying the bus shelter
- Organised a promises auction and raising £2,786 for four local charities
- Worked with Henley-in-Bloom and the town council on various projects. Donated poppy seeds to the local primary school and worked with them on a gardening project
- Building on links with local authorities, Oxfordshire County Council, Soha Housing, Thames Valley Police and Henley town council
- Successful funding bid to Soha Housing to support a Christmas lunch for older residents in Henley
Great Western Park Residents’ Association, Didcot
Great Western Park Residents Association was formed following a residents’ meeting in May 2012.
Great Western Park is an evolving community which will have over 3,000 homes when it’s completed.
What we’ve achieved so far:
- Secured funding to be able to provide a newsletter and host events
- Organised the only community social events to have been held on the development, including a popular annual carol service
- Quiz nights and meet your neighbour event have been organised to encourage community spirit
- Monthly meetings to pass on any concerns from residents to the appropriate local bodies
- Liasing with developers and local councils to keep residents updated on the progress of community facilities