What is membership?
Membership offers many opportunities for us to build on all the ways in which we already work together as residents, staff and Board to make decisions at Soha. As a mutual, our Board are accountable to our members who are the shareholders of Soha. Members also have the opportunity to stand for election to the new Members’ Forum, participate in elections to choose who sits on the Members’ Forum, and vote on big questions. This is in addition to the many other ways that already exist for all residents to become engaged with Soha.
“Tenants have good ways of being involved at Soha. But by becoming shareholding members, tenants can have even more influence for years ahead.”
Val Kir, Chair of Soha Tenants’
What membership means for you:
- Exclusive membership offers, prize draws* and events
- Receive a welcome pack including membership card, pen and badge
- Have a say on Soha's priorites for community involvement
- Meet new and interesting people from your local community
- Have a vote on major organisational changes
- Take ownership of Soha's purpose and values
- Have a vote on appointing Board members
- Have as much or as little involvement as you want
- Dedicated membership newsletter
*Exclusive prize draws with prizes such as a week's rent payment (cash prize equivalent to an average week's rent for a Soha property) and room or garden makeovers.
I became a member...
“...because Soha has good core values for tenants. Because I'd like to be able to make a difference if I can and becoming a member may help with that in respect of my local community.”
Linda Jones, Soha Member