If you are in danger
please use a safer computer,
or call 999 or
1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732).

To leave this site quickly
click the ‘Quick Exit’ button
at the top of any page.



We don’t insure your furniture, personal belongings or decorations against fire, theft, vandalism or water damage – so we strongly recommend that you do. 

The ‘My Home’ contents insurance scheme is a special insurance scheme provided by the National Housing Federation – and it’s available to all tenants and residents living in housing association rented and shared ownership homes. 

Ten reasons to choose My Home contents insurance

  1. Flexible regular pay-as-you-go payment options – pay by cash, direct debit, postal order, credit or debit payment
  2. No fuss, quick and easy to apply either through the post or over the telephone
  3. No excess (you don’t pay the first part of the claim)
  4. Covers theft, water damage, fire and other household risks
  5. Covers damage to internal decorations
  6. Covers accidental damage to sanitary fixtures such as toilets and washbasins
  7. Covers damage to external glazing for which you are responsible
  8. Covers lost or stolen keys and freezer contents
  9. You don’t need to have special door or window locks
  10. Optional extensions for an additional sum (eg personal possessions away from home, mobility scooters, hearing aids and wheelchairs)

For more information visit www.thistlemyhome.co.uk, email myhome@thistleinsurance.co.uk or call 0345 450 7288.

Contact Us


Soha Housing
Royal Scot House
99 Station Road
OX11 7NN


01235 515 900
0800 014 15 45

Quick Links