We don’t insure your furniture, personal belongings or decorations against fire, theft, vandalism or water damage – so we strongly recommend that you do.
The ‘My Home’ contents insurance scheme is a special insurance scheme provided by the National Housing Federation – and it’s available to all tenants and residents living in housing association rented and shared ownership homes.
Ten reasons to choose My Home contents insurance
- Flexible regular pay-as-you-go payment options – pay by cash, direct debit, postal order, credit or debit payment
- No fuss, quick and easy to apply either through the post or over the telephone
- No excess (you don’t pay the first part of the claim)
- Covers theft, water damage, fire and other household risks
- Covers damage to internal decorations
- Covers accidental damage to sanitary fixtures such as toilets and washbasins
- Covers damage to external glazing for which you are responsible
- Covers lost or stolen keys and freezer contents
- You don’t need to have special door or window locks
- Optional extensions for an additional sum (eg personal possessions away from home, mobility scooters, hearing aids and wheelchairs)
For more information visit www.thistlemyhome.co.uk, email email@example.com or call 0345 450 7288.