If you are in danger
please use a safer computer,
or call 999 or
1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732).

To leave this site quickly
click the ‘Quick Exit’ button
at the top of any page.


My money

We know that the pound in your pocket doesn’t go as far as it used to, and that many of you are struggling to make ends meet. But there is help available.

Benefits are changing

There are big changes affecting people who claim benefits. If you’re on benefits it’s really important that you’re up-to-date with these changes and how they might affect you.

The main changes are:

  • Universal Credit – a relatively new benefit for working age people 
  • Benefit Cap – since 2013 all households have had a cap on how much benefit they can receive.
  • Bedroom Tax – if your home is bigger than you need 
  • Discretionary Housing Payments – your local council has a limited pot of money to help you pay your rent if you need extra help  

What to do next?

  • If you’re worried about your benefits or need help working out what you can claim, we can help  
  • You can post questions to Soha staff or other residents via our Facebook page or on Twitter
  • Soha Tenants’ Forum: Ann-Marie O’Sullivan is a Soha tenant and a welfare reform champion. She represents tenants’ views on benefit changes and the affect they’re having on you. You can contact Ann-Marie via Soha or via Facebook  
  • Soha's sounding board meets every couple of months to discuss concerns and any questions you may have. If you’d like to come along to the next meeting to talk about the benefit changes and what more Soha could do to help, please get in touch by emailing ri@soha.co.uk or call us
  • Contact Citizens Advice (a national, independent charity) for free, confidential advice – call 08444 111444 or look at their local branch website  


Contact Us


Soha Housing
Royal Scot House
99 Station Road
OX11 7NN


01235 515 900
0800 014 15 45

Quick Links