We want you to live in a safe and secure neighbourhood.
Free from things like graffiti, vandalism or anti-social behaviour – and we all have a part to play in making this happen.
What can I do?
Be a good neighbour. This means thinking about how your behaviour affects others. It means being considerate and tolerant and respecting others. It means appreciating that living with neighbours is about give and take. It means:
- keeping your home and garden clean and tidy, this includes maintaining any trees in your garden
- being reasonable and tolerant of other people’s views and lifestyles
- treating your neighbours with consideration
- making sure your children and guests respect your neighbours and their property
- sticking to your tenancy agreement
What can Soha do?
We have a team of neighbourhood officers who oversee the day-to-day management of your estate – carrying out regular estate/neighbourhood inspections and providing help and advice about your tenancy or any problems you’ve got.
Our team spends time on their ‘patches’ – meeting, visiting and speaking to you and other residents. They’ll deal with tenancy issues, anti-social behaviour, abandoned vehicles, fly tipping, grounds maintenance – basically anything that affects you or your neighbourhood.
What can neighbourhood officers help with?
- Keeping your estates free of dumped and abandoned vehicles
- Regularly checking communal areas to make sure they’re in good condition
- Making sure communal gardens are kept clean and tidy
- Keeping an eye on our contractors to make sure they’re doing their job on your estate
- Arranging for graffiti and rubbish to be removed quickly
- Dealing with complaints about anti-social behaviour
- Carrying out starter tenancy visits
- Carrying out changes to your tenancy
- Dealing with trespassers and squatters
- Checking for abandoned properties
- Giving you advice about local services and how Soha can help
How can I contact my neighbourhood officer?
- Call us on 0800 014 15 45 (freephone) or 01235 515 900 (standard call rates apply)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speak to one of the team when you see them out and about in your area