In all but the most serious cases your neighbourhood officer will contact you to discuss your complaint.
We’ll contact the person(s) you’ve complained about to tell them about your complaint and to hear their version of events.
We’ll then draw up an action plan – involving you and your neighbour – outlining what we’ve agreed with you both to help to resolve the issue.
To be enable Soha to resolve any ASB complaint we will require evidence. Depending on the nature of the ASB we may request that the complainant to:
- complete Nuisance Diaries
- attend Mediation
- sign Witness Statements
- allow us to install Noise Monitoring Equipment in their homes
- provide recordings through the Noise App
- take Video/Sound Recordings
- attend Court as a Witness
What will we need from the complainant?
- The report must be made by the person(s) who have witnessed behaviour – not a third party
- Complainants name & contact details so we can keep them updated with the progress of their case
- Names and addresses of all those involved, perpetrators and witnesses
- Dates, times and places
- Has the complainant spoken with the perpetrator about their behaviour and what the outcome of the conversation was?
- Has the behaviour been reported to Police or other agencies – reference numbers or contact details will be required
- Details of what exactly has happened
- Details of what exactly was said during incident (we will require the exact words used – we won’t be offended)
- Details of how the behaviour has made them feel/what effect did the behaviour have on them?
- What outcome would they like from Soha?
In order to resolve any complaints we must work with the perpetrators to address their behaviour. Legal Action is always a last resort.
We will consider using:
- Mediation/Restorative Approach
- Joint working with Police, Social Services, Mental Health Services etc.
- Warnings/cautions/final warnings
- Acceptable Behaviour Contracts (ABC’s)
- Providing additional tenancy support
- Injunctions/Court Undertakings
- Notice of Seeking possession/ Section 21 Notices for Starter Tenancies