If you are in danger
please use a safer computer,
or call 999 or
1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732).

To leave this site quickly
click the ‘Quick Exit’ button
at the top of any page.

Home > Resident services > I rent my home > My tenancy > Taking in a lodger

Taking in a lodger

Taking in a lodger or sub-letting a room in your home can be a good way to help you pay your rent and share some of your household bills. But – it comes with responsibilities and may affect your benefits.

If you want to take in a lodger or sub-let a room, you need to talk to us first. You’ll also need to contact your council’s housing benefit team.

Contact us and we’ll talk you through the pros and cons.

Remember – you can sub-let a room, but you can’t sublet your whole home. If you do sub-let your property you’ll be breaking the terms of your tenancy agreement.

Contact Us


Soha Housing
Royal Scot House
99 Station Road
OX11 7NN


01235 515 900
0800 014 15 45

Quick Links