If you are in danger
please use a safer computer,
or call 999 or
1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732).

To leave this site quickly
click the ‘Quick Exit’ button
at the top of any page.

Home > Resident services > I'm a homeowner > Rent and service charges

Rent and service charges

British currency

How do I pay my charges?

’We can set up a direct debit over the phone to pay your rent and service charges. Please call us on 0800 014 15 45 (Freephone).

What does my service charge cover?

Your annual service charge covers the following:

  • emergency, urgent and one-off non-urgent repairs (not including repairs to the interior of your home)
  • servicing of equipment in communal areas and preventative works   
  • services shared by your flat and others in the block, eg grounds maintenance, cleaning of communal areas, electricity to communal areas and buildings insurance
  • Third party management charges (where applicable)
  • large repairs or improvements needed, eg external decoration, replacement windows or roof repairs. You will be consulted about large repairs if your share of the cost exceeds £250

When do I pay my service charge?

Your service charge invoice will be sent to you each July.

If you bought your flat part-way through the service charge period, your solicitor will have agreed how much of the charge you’re liable to pay for the remainder of the year. Please speak to your solicitor if you’re unsure what arrangements have been agreed.

How can I pay my charges?

  • By direct debit
  • By debit or credit card over the phone
  • By bank transfer
  • By cheque payable to Soha Housing Limited
  • By cash, cheque or debit card at our cash office in Royal Scot House

When making a payment please quote your account number, which you’ll find on your service charge invoice.

I can’t afford to pay my service charge – what should I do?

Let us know immediately if you’re having trouble making your payment – we’ll discuss your situation and work out a payment plan.

If you’re having financial difficulties, contact the Money Advice Service for free and impartial money advice.

Your rent statement

We send you one rent statement a year in April. The statement shows your closing balance as at 31 March. It also shows the current rent and service charges for your property and a short summary of the balance of your rent account throughout the year. If you need a rent statement at any other time of year please request one through our app, email us or call us on 0800 014 15 45 (Freephone).

Contact Us


Soha Housing
Royal Scot House
99 Station Road
OX11 7NN


01235 515 900
0800 014 15 45

Quick Links